the body-building food too. Now we just need to include the protective food.
S1: Yes, you're right. Now what about vegetables? They're protective food and I think beans are nice with some sour and spicy sliced potato.
S2: Sounds fun to me. Let's write it down...
3. Predicting
Look at the title of the reading passage and the pictures. Predict what the passage is about.
Step 2. Reading
1. Language points
1) Wang Peng sat in his empty restaurant feeling very frustrated. 王鹏坐在他那空荡荡的餐馆里,感到很沮丧。
feeling very frustrated是-ing形式短语作伴随状语。
He placed two tables together spreading all the papers out on them. 他把两张桌子摆在一起,把卷子铺放在上面。
Pretending to look frightened, I backed towards the door. 我装出害怕的样子,退到门口。
2) By now his restaurant ought to be full of people. 到了这个时候,他的餐馆本该宾客盈门的。
ought to应该;应当
There is one thing I ought to discuss with you before we start. 我们开始前还有一件事我要和你谈。
Something ought to be done about the waste. 得想办法处理这些垃圾了。
be full of 充满
He was full of curiosity. 他的心里充满了好奇。
The house was full of heavy smoke and shouting. 房子里充满了浓烟和喊叫声。
3) "Nothing could be better," he thought. 他想:"再没有比这些更好吃的了。"
比较级的否定形式,实际上表示的是最高级的含义。
"Did you sleep well last night?" "Never better, like a rock." "你昨夜睡得怎样?""从未这么好过,睡得很死。"
Nobody loved money better than he did. 没人比他更受财。
I think nothing is more pleasant than traveling. 我想没有什么比旅馆更令人愉快。
4) Suddenly he saw his friend Li Chang hurrying by. 突然间,他看到自己的朋友李昌匆匆走过。
see, hear, notice, watch, feel等动词后面的宾语补足语可以是不带to的动词原形,也可以是-ing形式,但两者的含义不完全相同,前者着重叙述事实的经过,后者着重偶然觉察到的一个正在进行的动作。
I saw him put everything in his bag and go out. 我看见他把所有的东西都装进了口袋,走了出去。
I saw him putting something in the bag. 我看见他正向口袋里装东西。
I watched her step off the sidewalk, cross the road, and disappear into the post office. 我看着她走下人行道,穿过马路,进了邮局。
When I glanced out of the window I saw Daisy crossing the road. 我目光转向窗外,看见戴西正在过马路。
5) Tired of all that fat? Want to lose weight? 肥腻的东西吃厌了吧?想变瘦吗?